Thursday, December 24, 2009

Local's ski day

I personally went out and checked on the ski trails yesterday and ran into most of the Valley. I skated out Little Wolf to the Homestead. The coverage was excellent, the surface was fast but not icy, and the classic tracks looked good. On the way I ran into Dr. Joe Jensen, our local family practice doc. Then around the corner I bumped into Ann Henry, wife of Joe's predecessor at Methow Valley Family Practice, Doc Henry. (Ann, I haven't seen knickers like that in ages!). Then Mike Kutz and Steve Devin skied by. Their daughters, Casey and Jamie, both race for Montana State University. Then I met Scott Johnston, coach of the Methow Olympic Development Team, teaching a classic clinic for the Methow Vally Nordic Club. And finally Dick Ewing and Brett Alumbaugh, two of our instructors for Don Portman's Methow Valley Ski School, were out honing their skills. (Brett was doing that most difficult of tasks, teaching his own kids!). So don't let the local's have all the fun, come out and ski.

No comments: